We will be holding our annual auditions for company members and apprentices (14+) for our upcoming 2022/2023 season. Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of audition start time to warm up and complete the participation waiver and image release. To register for auditions please click here.
Weekly Commitment for company members and apprentices includes:
– Required weekly Sunday company class from September to June running from 10:30 am to 11:30 am.
– Rehearsals may follow company class and run from 11:30-1:30 depending on casting.
– Weekly time commitment is generally around 3 hours but will be more during performance weeks.
Who should audition?
– If you are an intermediate to advanced dancer, this opportunity may be for you.
– Graduates from secondary programs in dance.
– Professional dancers looking to train and work closer to home.
– Apprentices are dancers ages 14-19 who are currently training at an intermediate to advanced level
Why audition for SCD?
– Opportunity to continue training in a non-judgmental welcoming environment.
– Opportunities to teach, choreograph, and a variety of arts admin duties may be available.
– Dance weekly with a group of friendly and talented artists.
– Perform at a variety of events around Simcoe County.
– Receive volunteer hours (apprentices only).
– Receive competitive honorariums while working in your field.
What to bring and wear?
– Please wear anything you are comfortable moving in. Please note that audition material may require floor work so wearing layers, knee pads, or pants may be ideal.
– Don’t forget to bring a water bottle.
– Bring signed waivers once they are emailed to you.
– Bring your questions about the company.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out at SimcoeContemporaryDancers@gmail.com. We can’t wait to dance with you!